Benchmarking the Performance of Redhat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) running on GPFS and GlusterFS
Within the Smart Data Innovation Lab we are using the Redhat Enterprise Virtualization  to provide virtual machines to users. Currently, the scalable network file system GlusterFS  is used to store the virtual disk images of the virtual machines.
The objective of this project is to evaluate a possible migration from GlusterFS to the IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS) . An important part of the evaluation is a comparison between GlusterFS and GPFS in terms of performance.
- research about RHEV, GlusterFS and GPFS
- setting up a test environment of RHEV using GlusterFS and GPFS
- benchmarking the performance
- experience in benchmarking system performance
- knowledge about parallel file systems
-  https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/virtualization
-  https://www.gluster.org/
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_General_Parallel_File_System