Hadoop for beginners
Preparation for the Hadoop session
We will need the following software:
- Java 6 Java Development Kit (JDK): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
- Eclipse IDE for Java Developers: http://eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-developers/junosr2
- Oracle Virtual Box: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
- Our Ubuntu image with CDH, which will run in VirtualBox: https://material.inovex.de/hadoop-UWLIBYlCI4vA/Hadoop-Training.ova
We've tested the VM on notebooks with 8GB of RAM, but it should work just fine with 4GB as well.
I will hand out the Eclipse project for the exercises in the beginning of the session.
Material for the Hadoop session
- Media:AutomatedHadoopDeployment-master.zip (maven-based, incl. automated deployment)
- Media:hello-hadoop.zip (ant-based)