HPCCloud 101, HPC on Cloud Computing
Never been into Cloud Computing before? Do you think that an extra computing power is crucial for your research? Do you have some neat parallel codes that your institution doesn’t allow you to execute because the cluster is full? Maybe this tutorial is for you!
The tutorial will cover the following topics:
- Infrastructure as a Service clouds (user level) with OpenNebula and Amazon EC2.
- Virtual Clusters on cloud with StarCluster.
Tuesday September 8th, 2015.
Room 229.3, Building 30.22.
- Distributed Systems Research Group (contains links to different cloud computing projects)
- Articles written by me for different media
- D. Petcu and J.L. Vázquez-Poletti: European Research Activities in Cloud Computing. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, January 2012.
- C. Catlett, W. Gentzsch, L. Grandinetti, G.R. Joubert and J.L. Vázquez-Poletti: Cloud Computing and Big Data. Advances in Parallel Computing, Vol. 23. IOS Press, October 2013.