Effective Analysis Programming 2
We give an introduction to advanced topics of C++. These include inheritance, templates, stable numerical calculations, debugging and profiling. The main focus is on rules and guidelines to write clear code and avoid common pitfalls.
Desirable Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of C/C++
- Stroustrup: "The C++ Programming Language", 3rd edition
- Sutter, Alexandrescu: "C++ Coding Standards"
- Press et al.: "Numerical Recipes", 3rd edition
- Meyers: "Effective C++" etc.
- gks-044.scc.kit.edu 18.104.22.168
- gks-246.scc.kit.edu 22.214.171.124
- Coding Guidelines 1(Organization and policy, Design style, Coding style, Function) Media:Effprog2.pdf
- Coding Guidelines 2(Organization and policy, Design style, Coding style, Function) Media:Effprog3.pdf
Review code of a project
- Start with tar ball File:Inertia.tgz
- Add missing code to Cylinder class
- test it
- check into the repository
- tag it with CVS
- improve the code using the guidelines
- commit changes tag new version